Saturday, May 13, 2017

FYI

I live in an area populated by people who need painkillers or who (seldom, I'm sure) use heroin. These are, according to Redding first responders on the news, approximately $80 per dose IIRC. I myself am listed as having had Narcan training with the City and County of San Francisco, and can procure a box of them at least once a year...

They are Carpuject cartridges, injectible (similar to the EpiPen.) If an opiate user has darkened in color, and has become non-responsive, one of these can be used to save his or her life. (Bear in mind, of course, that the person to whom it is administered comes out of it in withdrawal -- not terribly pleasant!) Anyway, I'm offering these for free to anybody who contacts me for one (mum's the word -- your business is your own.) I'll try to always carry at least one on me when I'm out and about... Feel free to approach me and talk to me about them...




No comments:

Post a Comment