Thursday, October 26, 2017

95988 ZIP (Willows, California - Just Off the I-5 Corridor in Glenn County)

Physical therapy, Black Bear Diner delish, lots of shopping, and... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Pretty painted stone, found in situ...

...Hoosegow...

...Mixed with Starbucks hot cocoa and creamer, the Guy Fieri chocolate mint for Keurig can't be beat!

Mom's all settled at physical therapy (no, she's not blind, just kind of dickin'...)

...So I head afuera...

...RILLY?

Pause for the cause.

I'm 40 and funny-looking, and in love with a dude whom I haven't seen in almost a month...

...Anyway, to the back alleys of Willows!

Historical buildings, cool shopping, and that radio tower!

REAL JOURNALISM! Tim and company really take it to the mat! A newspaper with heart and a purpose...

Dandelions make me think of drifters and weeds...

Can't go shopping on an empty stomach, and can't go wrong with Black Bear Diner - all over Northern California and Oregon!


Play Misty for me, Mom!

I've had this for breakfast, and it's pretty bomb.

The reuben is excellent, and habanero sauce goes great with onion rings, IMHO (I wanted the Waldorf, but I'd already eaten chicken salad the night before.)


I must say, despite my malingering grudge against their Clackamas-based Interstate subsidiary, the #02053 store is clean and orderly, and seldom out of what I want or need...

Check-out is often a breeze. (And our cashier was que linda!)

On the way home, we pass Thunder Hill Raceway. They have a restaurant, and a racetrack for your car. (No, they do not have Nicole Kidman in her DAYS OF THUNDER hair.)

Beautiful pastureland (a lot of Northern California looks like this, from Sonoma and Solano to Butte, really...)

...Finally, home to lovely Stonyford, California, home of the Stonyford Museum, Hester Ranch (organic! Beef!), and an entrance to Mendocino National Forest...

_-_-_

(Yesterday, we said good-bye to an old classmate, Chris Buchanan, who passed away due to cancer. RIP, Chris - I'll always remember you from my youth as a super stand-up guy. You will be missed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment