Wednesday, November 29, 2017

"Patches! Here boy, Patches! *whistle*"

So I've had this hemp t-shirt by ONNO (retail value, approx. $30 - 40) for about three years. It had a hole in the abdomen caused by some shenanigan or work or another (maybe those dang Walmart suspenders...) Anyway, the fabric I wanted to patch it with, from an old Levi's shirt once belonging to my brother (and now in a rag bag for a hoodoo/Appalachia-style hand-knotted rug I'm to craft for the kitchen someday soon, but I digress...) - that fabric tends to unravel once cut, so instead of stitching, I adhered the patch with Krazy glue, which darkened the patch nicely and gave it a sparkly effect. Cute, somewhat girly-boy, and right up my alley... That with some RIT dye (azabache) before patching makes the shirt like brand-new... AND ARTSY-FAGGY!


(Full disclosure: this kind of fix is okay when I do it, because even though I use a mild detergent, I do so in a machine with cold water... Unlikely the patch will come off in the next few washes... And kids, here's a tip: for certain contusions, or if a cut person is on blood thinners like Coumadin, Krazy glue is a first-aid godsend; if you or your baby sitter or mom stick two fingers together by accident or otherwise get it on skin, a soak in a bowl of warm, soapy - Dawn, or somesuch dishwashing detergent - will help you get the stuff off...)

!!!

(Feeling gushy for the holidays, or drunk? My venmo.com and paypal.me links are to the right, in the sidebar under William R. Way...! Many hearts guys!)

No comments:

Post a Comment