Thursday, June 22, 2017

There Will Be A Light

....For Anthony Hill....For Bettie Jones and Quintonio LeGrier....For Keith Lamont Scott....And for the Rhoden Eight of Pike County, Ohio (three children of the family did survive through the nightmares in their heads, and should live though they might forever be scarred....)

So many of us still live, and through this day, scores drown in the Mediterranean escaping North Africa; Athens is on fire; Cairo and Caracas bleed.

But this isn't over, and we shall overcome.

UPDATE: Just on PBS: Since 2005, 82 non-federal police officers have been charged with murder or manslaughter after having taken another's life in the line of duty....

...

I have yet to be compensated to my satisfaction by Walmart for the fact that one day, I put Clackamas meat in my mouth that never should have been sold. They still try to put on their self-indulgent little shitshow every time I come in to buy groceries, but as recently as yesterday, what did I see in the meat department but this:


I have a pretty good feeling about Doug McMillon in Bentonville, and I doubt he'd have a problem chucking the several thousand I averred would mollify me onto the NetSpend card for which I gave him and his people the routing number and account number.... Then again, he could always just donate to my GoFundMe site for these dang house renovations that are so pressing....

...

Jonesy's still missing, I'm pretty sure; it looks like somebody else dropped off a "new" cat of the same breed by our house -- one that is still under the house and has no interest in us. I hope she is altered, otherwise mom's going to have more kittens on her hands....

Sarah at the San Francisco SPCA (where Jonesy has her papers for having been altered and innoculated) asked if I had reached out to local law enforcement and animal control. I assured her that they've made clear, in both Colusa and Glenn counties, that I'm not to expect to be protected or served.... Odd man out, for some reason or another (not that I didn't try.)

...


No comments:

Post a Comment