1. Decided on The Hollow Man, but I do like The Patchwork Man. We'll see (or not.)
2. A day of beginnings is a pessimistic day.
3. The concept of a Quaker doing hardened, salty seadog drag, complete with a wooden leg replacing one lost in to his line of work, is hilarious when you think about it.
4. File under "frightening," cross-indexed with "farcical": gentrification of the Tenderloin, mid-Market and the 6th Street corridor is a consciously directed and planned act by control freaks with access to too much money. Such an ungainly process...
5. Keeps this list from stopping at a number frequently associated with death in Japanese culture.