Thursday, March 22, 2018

Personal Venting Rant About a Personal Issue

Right now, I'm caught in how some people will get all twisted up in their priorities and focus, and take one with them. I have a bit of a problem with myself in that, of course. As it stands, I did some work for someone who turned out not to be able to pay me yet; I know she's good for it, and will come through eventually, but... I'm kicking myself, because that's about 8 hours worth of labor, and by agreeing to do it on promise of pay (and this person has an issue with timeliness), I'm doing a disservice not only to myself, but to everyone who does labor for money in the community here - I become part of the problem with the person who more or less welches on pay.

Also, some people seem so intent on getting one "in the flock," as it were, but do not do the thing they need to do to get it done: namely, respecting certain secular things that maybe I take too seriously, as well as knowing that the - exclusively Christian? - Golden Rule is often always at play throughout the living, human world, this "vale of tears"...

Dunno, maybe I have "I don't respect myself enough," written all over me, and attract too much of the attentions of well meaning, deceptively malicious or deceptively gormless folk... (/RANT OVER.)

And now, for some pretty, random pictures of Northern California...




No comments:

Post a Comment