Thursday, February 21, 2013

To My Fellas (And My Possibly More Than Several Double X Chromosomes...)

Hi, welcome, and thanks for reading.

I'm really shocked that I have as many hits as I do.  Rarely any comments, but lots of page views for what this is.  (And I don't promote it on anything other than Facebook.)  This started as a personal and general interest blog.  Unlike my former blog, Freedom Camp, a smart-mouth super-earnest NorCal liberal "Fuck you!" to the Bush Administration -- the blog received few hits but caused me oh-so-much-trouble in recent years -- unlike Freedom Camp, this is just a place to vent and be me.  I'm really not pushing much of an agenda (although in Robots vs. Reptile Men vs. Goddesses, I definitely fight for the Goddesses...), I'm just acting like the bright weirdo my friends and family all adore and usually aren't exasperated by.  It's my story.

This is important because my whole life has been spent listening to other people, acting as repository and sounding board.  It is a unique way to be with people, and can sometimes be very stressful.  But I'll tell you a perk:  discerning people always like to pick people like me out of a crowd and they always listen to me when it's about something important.  That's pretty cool.

So anyway, while I'm still concerned about cutting through bullshit, on this blog I try to stick to sorting out my own bullshit.  I don't know how it turned out interesting, but it did, and I just want to once again say thank you all for reading.  Keep checking in.  It gets "funner."

2 comments:

  1. So where are you on the all-important Ciarin Hinds-as-Mance-Rayder-isn't-cool-enough-to-be-Mance-Rayder camp versus the Shut-the-fuck-up-the-tv-show-sucks camp?

    Still in your Tahmoh Penikett tent? Even as a straight dude, it is hard to fault you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mr. Wang. At the very least, I hope my entries have grown up a bit in their apathy and droll take on paranoia.

    And for the record, my insignificance I believe marked me as "one who would not be missed with enough years of intervening bullshit." That's how to be paranoid: Assume they're after you because they can get away with it...

    And finally, I have moved on from Mr. Penikett, and am currently pining for the pointy ears of Zachary Quinto, who's more on the same page as I am anyway, though I doubt he'd look twice at me...

    ReplyDelete