Saturday, March 17, 2012

I Have Spent

The previous two days disgusted with myself for not being the person the standards to which I adhere require I should be. It has been a long, rough road these last couple of years: from abject homelessness, living out of two bags and rotting from the inside out, to maintaining my own home since July 2010, and successfully caring for a plant and a cat while keeping up my volunteer commitments and part-time work. But I haven't accomplished everything I'd like, and I always feel I come up short. The high road is steep, and I stumble sometimes while taking the righteous path.

Let's hope the last couple days of crazy give way to better times.

2 comments:

  1. you and me and the rest of the bloggerhood, brother. from your devil-machine to the universe's ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I start feeling down about my (incredibly limited) accomplishments in life, I have but to view those of our acclaimed overachievers to start feeling better about myself.
    ~

    ReplyDelete