Wednesday, November 29, 2017

My Bang-On Lotto Fantasy

What would I do if I won the Super Jackpot? I've pondered this question since childhood, when my family would play the California State Lottery. If I answered it today, the first thing to come to mind is simple: retain a wealth management company's services - Transamerica's or Charles Schwab's.  And then go from there...

...Really, though, the two-acre residential/whatever-you-do-with-em lots along the road I live on are surrounded by thousands of acres of leased cattle run that's for sale. I would buy them; then I would begin attracting other investors, and such visionaries as Richard Branson to Elon Musk to Jeff Bezos, to my proposal to build a spaceport and a startup payload-and-passenger launch company. Skylon space planes, modified to launch off of rails, would fly Eastward (?) and upward to orbit three times a day on average, and there would be launch pads for Blue Origin and SpaceX, as well as a necessarily healthy-sized airport. A tiny, five by two-kilometer city, as well as a couple of agrarian hamlets, would round out the scene (there's already one reservoir, and another on the way, just over the Eastern range of mountains towards Sacramento Valley and the Interstate 5.) There should be ample room, of course, for factories that refurbish and repair and build, as well as those that refine hydrogen, and power plants... Much of the remainder of the old pasture land could still be let out as cattle run...


Reaction Engines, Ltd. (REL), Skylon Space Plane - due out in the next few years!

The rest of my outrageous fortune would be invested in a charitable trust in my name that gave to my favorite American and global social services and social justice causes, a scholarship fund, and such; I would also do my best to secure a legacy for future generations of those who carry on our last name Way...

Whew. So there you have it - I ruined any chance I have of seeing my fantasy come true!

(((---|||---)))

As ever, if you'd be so darling, there are gofundme, venmo and paypal links to the right in the sidebar under "William R. Way." Ta-ta, cheerio and all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment